Assignment 4: Final Project
- “Quarantine Times”: physical-digital spaces for emotional connection; design for play, or intimacy, or support.
- AR Interaction: affordance, senses, aesthetics (pick a specific set of spatial information to focus on.)
- Critical Design: challenge status quo and conventional design assumptions, e.g. design interfaces that make me think.
What information experiences are possible in hybrid physical-digital spaces of the future?
Form teams of up to 4 people, teams of one is perfectly acceptable.
For students who are interested, there’s an opportunity to publish with The Interaction Review by Prototypr.io on Medium.com.
Week 1: A4.1 Ideas
Choose one (and only one) of the prompts, create 3 divergent directions and present your concept in a Miro board.
Submit your Miro URL by 4/7 Wed 6pm. In class, you will present by sharing your screen, so you can count on being able to control your board. Aim for a 5min. presentation.
Week 2: A4.2 Refine
Based on feedback in class on A4.1, refine your ideas so that you end with one storyboard for each of the videos you plan to make. Be prepared to present in class for 4 min. Feel free to submit storyboards as Google Slides or a Miro board URL.
Week 3: A4.3 Prototype
Create concept videos / prototype your user experience. No presentations this week.
Week 5: A4.5 Evaluate + Conclusion + Documentation
Test/show your prototype with 2 or 3 users.
Deliverable: a final presentation, submitted here, with the following components (though they need not be worded literally or in this specific order):
- Introduction – A succinct definition of your chosen user information concept in public space, and the motivation for solving it in AR.
- Inspiration – Observations of interactions or real-world scenarios today that motivate your concept.
- Explorations – Ideas you attempted but possibly abandoned.
- Concept Video(s) – 1~3 video(s), aim for 1~2min. each, that illustrates your concepts (more videos if you’re showing variants of an interaction; longer length if you only have one video.)
- Evaluation – Two or three select quotes of user reactions.
- Future Work – How you would extend or refine your project if you had more time.